Deckerville Community Hospital has been serving the community for over 70 years and has been a certified Critical Access Hospital for 22 years. We offer a wide range of patient services, including laboratory, inpatient services, medical imaging, and more.
Deckerville Community Hosptial (DCH) was established in 1952 to serve a small yet growing rural population in an area called the Thumb of Michigan. The original hospital was built and operated by E.W. Blanchard and his wife Lillian, a registered nurse and nurse anesthetist, along with the first Administrator Mary Powers, a registered nurse, until Dr. Blanchard’s death in 1961 at which time the community purchased the hospital and established it as a not-for-profit community hospital. Port Huron is just south of the service area.
In 1988, the hospital entered into a management agreement under Mercy Hospital Port Huron that remained in place until January 2003 when it became fully independent once again. In January 1997, Deckerville Community purchased a private practice in Deckerville and took over a clinic in Minden City, Michigan. In August of 2006, the hospital established a weekend walk-in clinic in the center of Lexington, Michigan. The organization of professional services, including primary and emergency care provided by the hospital in various locations, constitutes Deckerville Healthcare Services (DHS).
In August 2000, the hospital became approved as a Medicare Critical Access Hospital. Located seven miles west of Lake Huron and surrounded by high yielding farms, the area provides quality lifestyles for the residents of the many small communities. Deckerville is two hours north of Detroit, with expanded shopping and residential growth occurring in Fort Gratiot and Port Huron.